Rebel Café Forum Index
Get The Guide RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Stu, you owe me money
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Rebel Café Forum Index » The DV Rebel's Guide View previous topic
View next topic
Stu, you owe me money
arthurvibert

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
've noticed that some of the cutting styles I've seen worked fine when I watched the movies on DVD on the small screen, but they looked kinda disjointed in a theater.

No question. I think that stems from a number of issues. One of the big problems is editors making the transition from cutting comercials and television shows to features. Really fast cutting that works in a commercial can be almost blinding viewed on a big screen. That's why it's always useful to try and see your project big if you can. It really helps give a feeling for the scale and pacing that you can't get any other way.

I was fortunate a couple of years ago when I was working on a corporate documentary that had been shot on HDV. It was going to be shown to about 500 people in a big theater in Vegas. About halfway through the (interminable) edit we were able to project it at a local theater. It really helped wiith the whole process. I revised what I had and changed my style quite a bit as a result.

Arthur
Thu May 03, 2007 5:10 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    Rebel Café Forum Index » The DV Rebel's Guide All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: