Rebel Café Forum Index
Get The Guide RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
rock video shot in vancouver with miniatures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic    Rebel Café Forum Index » Chapter 4: Effects View previous topic
View next topic
rock video shot in vancouver with miniatures
red and blue monkey

Post Reply with quote
sadly almost all the shots here are done in the model shop quickly the video ones are real ones but the look is not final we have another week to go on it

Wed May 21, 2008 9:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
mkeep

Post Reply with quote
Why do you shoot them on video? You can't do any camera moves anyway right? They're basically used like matte paintings aren't they? Why not just shoot stills?
Thu May 22, 2008 8:10 am View user's profile Send private message
red and blue monkey

Post footage as stills Reply with quote
The rock video was shot on the SI 2k mini as we have camera moves, smoke and dynamic lighting. The ones from blood were shot as stills as the foregrounds were sort of locked off shots when the greenscreen stuff was shot. I wanted to shot then with the SI camera for grain and image movement but that idea died due to cost and time left. but this is a ok method. Im hoping to get better at image modelling [see the thread cheapo image modelling for examples] which would allow a still to be turned into a digital model for dynamic camera moves.

the proplem in movement is the lack of motion control which costs a fortune, but if you could shoot your actors against greenscreen and then track the shot you could easy use the image model in that shot.
on this rock video we used all kinds of cheats to avoid that proplem.

Last edited by red and blue monkey on Fri May 23, 2008 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Thu May 22, 2008 2:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
mkeep

Post Re: footage as stills Reply with quote
red and blue monkey wrote:
The rock video was shot on the SI 2k mini as we have camera moves, smoke and dynamic lighting.

Wow, cool. It will be fun to see footage from that when it's done.
Thu May 22, 2008 4:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
Boz

Post Reply with quote
Awesome work! I will add my vote to please post footage when it's available. Very nice, and quite inspiring.

Mon May 26, 2008 5:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
Len

Post Reply with quote
red & blue:
Do you happen to have any good links/tips/tutorials on how to paint miniatures, both backgrounds and objects? I've been able to build stuff that looks pretty decent, but my mad painting skillz have totally failed me.

Or if you're willing to write up some stuff on your own experiences, that'd be fine too, you seem to have a damn good handle on how to do this stuff. Especially the sets posted on the first page are GORGEOUS. I'd love to be able to do something that'd be even a little bit along those lines. TEACH US! Very Happy

Wed May 28, 2008 2:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
red and blue monkey

Post miniature lesson Reply with quote
i think if there enough interest ill start a miniature thread just on the making of. let me know if theres interest and ill build up a thread...

Fri May 30, 2008 5:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
Clinco

Post Reply with quote
Please do!

-- Paul
Fri May 30, 2008 5:55 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DeathByDuck

Post Reply with quote
Hey stranger ... my first post ... I think a making of thread would be great! You're a genius!
Fri May 30, 2008 7:03 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
red and blue monkey

Post miniature lesson Reply with quote
DeathByDuck wrote:
Hey stranger ... my first post ... I think a making of thread would be great! You're a genius!

hahah thanks "duck"

Fri May 30, 2008 11:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
red and blue monkey

Post miniature work Reply with quote
hope everyone is on the new thread.

http://rebelsguide.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1455&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
red and blue monkey

Post one of the blood models being built Reply with quote
ve made a time lapse of us building one of the models for the feature "blood a butchers tale". the final image is still wip i dont have any shots of the final model after we had shot it for the film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro0YoWIFBS4

Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:37 am View user's profile Send private message
red and blue monkey

Post miniatures garden Reply with quote
Not final almost there, but heres a frame from this videos other half, kids in garden

test frame of final image, backround is a PS job but we will try to get all in camera on final. We tested shooting in layers as well so it might be comped from several real model passes.

Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
red and blue monkey

Post garden minis Reply with quote
more garden miniatures in both clean and post war state WIp this is not the real backround nor are this final shots
the head got knocked off the war one accidently but it looked great so we went with that...

Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:20 am View user's profile Send private message
red and blue monkey

Post garden models Reply with quote
was very inspired by Piranesi and roman gardens plus english 17th century romantic garden ruins..these are uncomped and have no colour, jpegs from the raw frames shot on the SI MINI 2k.

heres how we shot them

Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Rebel Café Forum Index » Chapter 4: Effects All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: