Rebel Café Forum Index
Get The Guide RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Shooting in a graveyard? Anybody?

Reply to topic    Rebel Café Forum Index » Chapter 2: Planning View previous topic
View next topic
Shooting in a graveyard? Anybody?
cmorrison

Post Shooting in a graveyard? Anybody? Reply with quote
Has anyone ever shot an extended scene in a graveyard before? I'm directing a music video and want to shoot one location setup in one but was wondering if most "graveyard people" are reluctantly to give permission to shoot inside one.

I put a few calls in but don't know if I'll even hear back.
Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:11 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Clinco

Post Reply with quote
Highly variable. Older graveyards often don't have anyone on site, and if you shoot guerilla style, you can get the shots you want.

-- Paul
Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:58 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
crashandannie

Post Reply with quote
Spent a month or so shooting (days and nights) in a graveyard a few years back. No problems getting permission for either, just had to clear it with the police so we didn't get rousted.

We did have to build a grave on a set for the "in the open grave" shots.

Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:58 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
cmorrison

Post Reply with quote
Cool thanks guys, this gives me hope.
Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:58 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
rodisgod

Post Reply with quote
the council have had to lay most of the headstones at my local graveyard flat for safety reasons.
Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:01 am View user's profile Send private message
cmorrison

Post Reply with quote
Safety reasons?
Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:27 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
rodisgod

Post Reply with quote
4-6ft slabs of stone precariously balanced for a 100 years or so became to much of a playground - and guess what happened, yup kid gets squashed by edna gertrude whatever...
Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:21 am View user's profile Send private message
monstro

Post Reply with quote
what kind of kids use graveyards as playgrounds? Confused

Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:25 am View user's profile Send private message
basilisk

Post Reply with quote
I had problems finding a church I could shoot in for a film with a mild paganistic theme. Got turned down when they realised the content.
Some older graveyards here in the UK were filled up many decades ago, and possibly don't have anyone watching them that closely - if they are overgrown, they can look even better.
Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:26 am View user's profile Send private message
cmorrison

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
if they are overgrown, they can look even better.

That's a good point. It's not an overly large production, but it will involve setting up the entire band, including drums, so I get worried about setting up in what looks like an abandoned graveyard only to get kicked out half way through.
Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:21 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
lake films

Post Reply with quote
I called their association and got permission, actually someone I knew shot there and he has a good rep with them so he told me to drop his name, it worked. They just wanted me to be careful about focusing on the names on the stones. If a family member sees it, where ever, you could have a problem. At least that is what I was told... Good luck..
Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:50 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    Rebel Café Forum Index » Chapter 2: Planning All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: