Rebel Café Forum Index
Get The Guide RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
London based DV Rebels

Reply to topic    Rebel Café Forum Index » Rebel with a Crew View previous topic
View next topic
London based DV Rebels
Jin WOo

Post London based DV Rebels Reply with quote
Hi,
Looking to network, get together, with any DV Rebels either in London or Brighton, UK.
Also looking to hook up with an AE genius for upcoming projects.
Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:55 am View user's profile Send private message
freakydaydream

Post Reply with quote
Hey,
Just bought the book and joinedd the forum. Based in East London and up for a meet. Used a AE a bit as well but far, far from the genius description.

Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:58 pm View user's profile Send private message
Wyld Stallyons

Post Reply with quote
I'm happy to be involved in any London-based DV rebel projects.

Jason
Director
Wyld Stallyons

www.wyldstallyons.com
Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:48 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
freakydaydream

Post Reply with quote
Hey jason. There doesn't seem to be much rebel activity in London going by this thread.
I thought about gettting a small group together and do a small project rebel style over a weekend. See we come up with and if we can grow something from there?
Although, again in rebel fashion, I put my hand to a bit of everything, mainly on directing and acting myself.
You?

Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
Gage

Post Reply with quote
Freaky,

I think due to the lower traffic of this forum, it's hard to make those connections. I campaigned with Stu for this section and he has doubts about it. I had higher hopes for connections. It seems that this forum might be better at learning and sharing as opposed to connecting.

A Twitter group called "Rebel_Filmmaking" was recently formed. Right now, the site that group was formed through doesnt have much functionality for the groups, but myself and another member are looking at expanding on locality based filmmaking connections, and Red Giant Software has even showed interest in helping form this. I dont know the timeline for this, but I think it is something that can benefit rebel filmmakers all over. Feel free to stop by and join the group, and while the membership doesnt mean much now, but we hope to have a useful connection tool soon.

Sorry for busting into the thread, but what you said here is exactly what I'm trying to address:

Quote:
There doesn't seem to be much rebel activity in London going by this thread.
I thought about gettting a small group together and do a small project rebel style over a weekend. See we come up with and if we can grow something from there?

My plan is to create a tool where filmmakers can post their project and what they are doing, and other filmmakers that dont have anything to do this weekend, but want to help or learn on set can just quickly access the info and contact you and get onto set - even last second.

Anyway, sorry again for barging in.
Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
Wyld Stallyons

Post Reply with quote
freakydaydream wrote:
Hey jason. There doesn't seem to be much rebel activity in London going by this thread.
Although, again in rebel fashion, I put my hand to a bit of everything, mainly on directing and acting myself.
You?

At my company, Wyld Stallyons, http://www.wyldstallyons.com I mainly direct, but am happy--in a rebel stylee--to do pretty much anything required to help get a megabudget look. I'll turn my hand to pretty much anything: sound design, foley, graphics, animation, visual effects, music, focus pulling, key grip...

I'm also a member of the Rebel_Filmmaking twibe that gage mentioned, and I also set up a Vimeo group called ko*lab (a contraction of sorts from collaborator and laboratory) to encourage no-budget experimental filmmaking. One film, and another in progress have already emerged from that group: Aneurysm http://www.vimeo.com/groups/kolaborators/videos/3552685 and the current work in progress http://www.wyldstallyons.com/client/dropbox/WHABTD.mp4 The next film is going to be less arty experiment and more a full-on action film.

So there are plenty of other avenues and people who subscribe to the Rebel DV mentality willing to help, whether they have read the book or not!

www.wyldstallyons.com

Last edited by Wyld Stallyons on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:31 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
basilisk

Post Reply with quote
Hey wyld - interesting stuff, and good to see a fellow mographer hanging round in the film-making milieu. (BTW you need to edit your first url in the previous post to remove the comma)
Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:36 am View user's profile Send private message
Wyld Stallyons

Post Reply with quote
basilisk wrote:
Hey wyld - interesting stuff, and good to see a fellow mographer hanging round in the film-making milieu. (BTW you need to edit your first url in the previous post to remove the comma)

Done!

www.wyldstallyons.com
Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:36 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
freakydaydream

Post Reply with quote
Gage barge in anytime. Despite being sure I was never going to join twitter I have now joined and on the twibe for rebel filmmaking. Thanks for the link.

Jason some nice stuff. Well if you guys need an extra pair of hands for any of the stuff you're doing let me know. It looks like you over East London way as well.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
Gage

Post Reply with quote
Cool. I'll keep you updated on when the group actually has functionality.
Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
EdMcLeodJones

Post Reply with quote
Hi there,

I've had the book for a while now, but just got round to joining the forum.

I'm in London as well (Limehouse - E14), so would be keen to meet up or join in on any group projects that are going on.

I've recently bought a GH1 and have been getting to know that and get back into doing some film stuff.

I have a background in game and interactive development, so am very familiar with 3D/After Effects/Editing packages, etc, although am a little out of practise with them as I've been doing web development since I got to London.

Hope to meet up with some fellow London DV Rebels soon!

Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:54 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
funtasticrich

Post Reply with quote
i'm east london based and very happy to be a part of any rebel project going on
Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:07 am View user's profile Send private message
Gage

Post Reply with quote
Hey London based people, international mega-star photographer and all around studly man Philip Bloom needs some help in London.

Here is is request:

"Need extras to be flesh eating zombies tomorrow pm. Filming in west london! Come scruffy!"

and

"it's only going to happen if I can get about a dozen or more people..."

For more information, follow him on Twitter, http://twitter.com/philipbloom/ .

I dont know if "west London" is enough information, but if you want to take part, I'd suggest heading to his blog, http://philipbloom.co.uk/blog/ , and then shooting him an email. At the very least it will be a great opportunity to work with a world famous photographer.
Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:52 am View user's profile Send private message
JJ.

Post Reply with quote
Hey, I'm in Brighton. I'm working more on music related video at the moment but it'd be cool to meet people from here and see what we come up with!
Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:43 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Rebel Café Forum Index » Rebel with a Crew All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: