Rebel Café Forum Index
Get The Guide RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
For the Coloristas out there
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Rebel Café Forum Index » Chapter 6: Onlining View previous topic
View next topic
For the Coloristas out there
bfindleton

Post For the Coloristas out there Reply with quote
For those of you who jumped on the Colorista deal, I went ahead and merged a couple of the Rebel scripts to come up with rd_New_Colorista.jsx. It performs the same way as rd_New_Rebel_CC.jsx but, you guessed it, with Colorista adjustment layers instead.

You can get the zipped file here:

rd_New_Colorista.zip

Just extract it to the same folder as the rest of the Rebel scripts. It will show up in the DV Rebel Tools palette along with your other Rebel tools. If you don't want it in the palette just place it in the Scripts root folder instead.

While the script has been vetted by Stu, any and all issues should come my way since I would be the one who potentially hosed something up.

-- Bruce

Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:28 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
bta1701

Post Thanks! Reply with quote
Thanks, Bruce. This is very convenient.

bart

Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:20 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
bta1701

Post Colorista vignette Reply with quote
By the way, I have to say I'm putting a Colorista vignette on just about all my shots these days, it's amazing what a difference it makes. Such a simple thing.

bart

Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:24 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ttown71

Post Reply with quote
I am a bit of an idiot. how do you get these to work?

I have all the scripts installed including the colorista button, but don't know how to use them.

Sorry and thanks
Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:30 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
bfindleton

Post Reply with quote
ttown71 wrote:

I have all the scripts installed including the colorista button, but don't know how to use them.

Sorry and thanks

Anywhere you see the Rebel CC script mentioned just use rd_New_Colorista instead. I think.

-- Bruce

Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:13 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
bfindleton

Post Re: Colorista vignette Reply with quote
bta1701 wrote:
By the way, I have to say I'm putting a Colorista vignette on just about all my shots these days, it's amazing what a difference it makes. Such a simple thing.

bart

I'm just blown away by how much vignetting is used. I never really noticed it until I questioned it in the Guide. Now I see it all over the place.

-- Bruce

Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:16 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ttown71

Post Reply with quote
bfindleton wrote:
ttown71 wrote:

Sorry and thanks

Anywhere you see the Rebel CC script mentioned just use rd_New_Colorista instead. I think.

-- Bruce

Actually, I don't see it anywhere in the after effects windows or menus. Not even the old stuff and i have 7.0
Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:23 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
notafraid

Post Reply with quote
ttown71,

If you installed the scripts to the correct folder as described in the guide you can acces them from the file menu. Look for scripts in that menu and load the script you want. If you load the DV Rebel Tool pallete a floating pallete will appear with buttons for all the other DV Rebel scripts.

Hope that helps.

Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:49 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ttown71

Post Reply with quote
awesome thanks. i will give that a try
Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:29 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Deere

Post Reply with quote
Not sure if anyone's checked it in a while. But the link to rd_New_Colorista.zip above is down and I'd love to get it if possible.

Cheers,

Deere.
Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:14 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
storitel

Post Reply with quote
haven't seen bfindleton here for a while. you can find a copy of his script here...

http://www.storitel.co.uk/public/rd_New_Colorista.jsx

also i tweaked a version to do the same thing for MB Looks, in case anyone's interested.. nb not tested on Mac

http://www.storitel.co.uk/public/rd_New_MBLook.jsx
Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:59 am View user's profile Send private message
Deere

Post Reply with quote
Awesome! Thanks man Very Happy
Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:04 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Stu
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Glad to see this thread get a bump—I use that New Colorista button all the time.

-Stu

Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:51 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Danny

Post Reply with quote
One modification that I’ve made to all of my DVRG scripts, which I find totally invaluable is getting them to automatically add relevant ‘tags’ to the layers, so that they are immediately recognized by Lloyd Alverez’s brilliant “Zorro – the Layer Tagger”

For example, the following code will tag all the newly-created gradient-layers with the tag “*gradient”, along with the name of its target layer, and whilst it’s at it, will add a “*footage” tag, along with a self-referential tag to the target layer (if the latter pair don’t already exist)…

Quote:

// Create a string of 'tags' in the comment field (for use with "Zorro")...
var footageLayerTag = "*" + layer.name + ",";
gradLayer.comment = "*gradient," + footageLayerTag;
layer.comment = footageLayerTag + "*footage,";

DP

Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
ChristianLett

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for the recommendation of Zorro - the Layer Tagger, Danny. Looks like an awesome script!
Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:52 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    Rebel Café Forum Index » Chapter 6: Onlining All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: